For the tacos:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3–4 lb boneless pork sirloin roast
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 (1 oz) package taco seasoning (about 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning)
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles (not drained)
- 16–20 taco-size soft flour or corn tortillas
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Lime wedges (optional)
For the cilantro-lime slaw:
- 1 (10 oz) bag coleslaw mix
- 3–4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 small lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Make the taco meat: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook 5-8 minutes until browned on all sides. Transfer to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add water to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes, scraping up browned bits from skillet. Pour over pork. Sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning and green chiles. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix all slaw ingredients until combined. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Transfer cooked pork to cutting board. Use two forks to shred into bite-size pieces. Return to slow cooker; stir into juices.
- Serve pork in warmed tortillas topped with slaw, red onions and a squeeze of lime, if desired.