- 6 ears corn
- 2 (15 oz) cans corn, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Juice of 2 small limes
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- Crumbled Cotija cheese and chopped fresh cilantro, for topping (optional)
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Remove husks from corn ears. Grill corn directly over high heat on a grill, rotating until all sides are well charred. Cool until easy to handle.
- Use a sharp knife to slice corn kernels off ears; transfer corn kernels to a slow cooker along with canned corn, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, hot sauce, Monterey jack cheese, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Top mixture with cubed cream cheese. Cover and cook on low heat 2 hours. Stir in cream cheese, then cook on high heat 10 to 15 minutes until warmed through.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl. Top with more salt and pepper as well as crumbled Cotija cheese and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature with tortilla chips.