- 1 lb mild Italian sausage (casings removed, if needed)
- 3 Russet potatoes, cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 1 white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped Tuscan or Lacinato kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, breaking up with wooden spoon into small pieces, 5 to 7 minutes until cooked through. Drain.
- Add cooked sausage to 6-quart slow cooker along with potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken broth and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and cook 4 to 5 hours on High or 7 to 8 hours on Low until potatoes are tender.
- Add kale and heavy cream to slow cooker; stir to combine. Cook another 20 minutes until kale is wilted.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve soup with grated Parmesan sprinkled on top and a side of good crusty bread.
Keywords: Olive Garden, Copycat, Crockpot