- 1 cup cracked freekeh
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut int 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 large radishes, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Combine the cracked freekeh, water and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 15 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed. Remove the pan from the heat and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the vinaigrette, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, honey and a pinch of salt & pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, mixing until the vinaigrette has emulsified.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled freekeh, peas, asparagus, radishes and feta. Drizzle the desired amount of vinaigrette over top and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to four days.