- 3 tablespoons coconut or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill white or yellow popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha, plus more for drizzling (optional)
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- In a covered large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil and a few popcorn kernels. Once kernels pop, remove cover and quickly stir in remaining kernels, sugar and sriracha.
- Cover pot again and shake vigorously over heat until most kernels are popped and popping slows to every 2 to 3 seconds. Remove from heat; uncover and continue to shake until popping stops completely.
- Pour popcorn in an even layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle lightly with more sriracha, if desired. Sprinkle with sea salt and dry-roasted peanuts, if desired. Cool completely.