- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 16 standard-size muffin cups with paper baking liners.
- In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment or in large bowl using electric hand mixer, beat butter and sugar 1 minute until smooth and light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until just combined.
- In separate medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt to combine. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, stirring after each addition until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among muffins cups, about 1 to 2 tablespoons per cup (it won’t seem like enough, but it is!). Top evenly with chopped strawberries.
- To make topping, in small bowl, stir flour and sugars to combine. Use pastry blender or fingers to cut butter into mixture until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly in muffin cups.
- Bake muffins 18 to 20 minutes until golden.