For the salad:
- 1/2 lb sugar snap peas
- 1/2 lb Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 medium-large radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 large green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (in a 300 degrees F oven for 10 minutes)
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sweet white miso, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons tahini or sesame seed paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop snap peas into water; boil 2 minutes until bright-green and softened but still crisp. Drain, then immediately transfer to an ice-water bath in a medium bowl and let cool completely. Drain, then pat dry. Chop peas into thin slices and place in a large bowl.
- Add sliced cabbage, radishes and green onions to bowl. Toss lightly.
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add more miso as needed.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, then toss lightly again. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.