- 4 medium sweet potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Poke sweet potatoes all over with a fork, then place on prepared baking sheet. Bake sweet potatoes 1 hour until soft and baked through. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Cut cooled sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, then use a spoon to scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch wall. Transfer pulp to a large bowl, and return sweet potato shells to baking sheet. Crumble 4 slices cooked bacon and add to bowl. Add sour cream and 1 tablespoon chopped chives. Stir to combine.
- Spoon filling into shells. Sprinkle tops with shredded cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with remaining 2 slices bacon, crumbled, and remaining 1 tablespoon chopped chives.