- 1 cup fine-ground dark roast coffee
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Large pinch of salt
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk or regular milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coffee, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, cardamom, ground ginger, allspice, grated fresh ginger, pepper, cloves and salt until combined. Pour into a coffee filter for a drip machine. Pour cold water into machine and brew. (OR, combine above ingredients along with cold water in a 48 oz French press coffee maker; place lid on with plunger extended. Let the mixture brew for 4 to 5 minutes, then press down the plunger.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour milk into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk constantly 5 minutes until foamy and warmed through.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a large mixing bowl (preferably with a lip/pour spout). Top with brewed coffee; stir until well combined. Divide mixture among coffee mugs.
- Use a spoon to push aside the foam from the top of the milk in the saucepan. Pour a little milk in each mug, then spoon foam on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.