A refreshing and delicious cocktail made with fresh watermelon, mint, lime juice and rum with a fizzy splash of club soda.
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup*
- 2 ounces light rum
- 3 ounces watermelon puree, strained**
- Club soda, to taste
- Mint sprigs and small watermelon wedges for garnish (optional)
- In the bottom of a Collins or other tall glass, use a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon to muddle mint leaves, lime juice and simple syrup.
- Fill glass two-thirds with ice. Add rum and watermelon puree.
- Top with club soda to fill glass; stir well.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint or small wedge of watermelon, if desired.
- *You can buy simple syrup at the store or, easily make your own.
- **To make watermelon puree: Cut watermelon into 1-inch chunks; place in a blender. Blend on high speed 10-15 seconds until watermelon mixture is smooth. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a sealable container.
- You don’t have to strain the watermelon puree, but it does help to avoid any sediment at the bottom of your drink.
Keywords: watermelon puree, simple syrup, rum drink