- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom and sides of 9-by-13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt to combine. Stir in melted butter, eggs and vanilla until dough forms. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread and press half of dough in even layer into bottom of prepared pan. Top with another 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Crumble remaining dough over top, press down slightly. Top with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle a pinch or two of sea salt over top just after baking, if desired. Cool completely in pan before cutting into bars, about 1 hour.