- 4 to 6 navel oranges, quartered
- 5 to 6 lb turkey breast (thawed if frozen)
- 6 tablespoons butter, very soft
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons bourbon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb maple-flavored bacon (regular bacon works fine, too)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place quartered oranges in single layer in bottom of large roasting pan. Place turkey on top, breast side-up. Pat skin dry with paper towels.
- In small bowl using fork, stir butter with bourbon and maple syrup until as well combined as possible (it may take a few minutes but it will get there). Spread and rub butter all over turkey skin and under skin, if possible. Generously sprinkle salt and pepper over turkey skin.
- Carefully wrap bacon strips around breast, one strip at a time, until turkey is covered from front to back. Bake 2 hours 30 mins to 3 hours until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast reads 165 degrees F. Let turkey breast rest in pan 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove turkey breast from pan and carve into slices. Spoon juices from pan over turkey just before serving.