These banana bread muffins are incredibly soft and fluffy! They are warmly spiced, extra cozy and so flavorful. These muffins taste like classic banana bread, but they are much quicker and easier to make. They are great for an easy breakfast, filling afternoon snack, or even dessert!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Add the sugar, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract to the mashed bananas. Mix well until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the banana mixture. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Fill up each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the muffins from the oven. Allow them to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use overripe bananas. They are more naturally sweet.
- This recipe can be made gluten-free with gluten-free flour.
- Do not overmix the muffin batter.
- Feel free to add some chocolate chips or nuts to the batter.
- Line the muffin pan with paper liners or spray generously with nonstick spray.
- Do not bake too long. Mine were perfect at 18 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
Keywords: muffins, banana bread, banana bread muffins, breakfast, brunch, baking