- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with baking spray or butter; line with a sheet of parchment paper long enough to extend up both sides (so you can use them as “handles” to remove the baked bars). Grease parchment paper with baking spray or butter.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 8 minutes until butter foams, then turns a deep caramel color. Remove from heat and add to a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer along with brown sugar.
- Beat brown sugar and butter on medium speed 1 minute until smooth. Allow mixture to cool slightly, then add egg and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour and salt; stir to combine. Gently stir in chopped dried apricots and white chocolate chips.
- Pour and spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from baking pan (using parchment paper “handles”) and cutting into bars.