- 6 green, red, orange and/or yellow bell peppers, tops removed and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow or red onion, diced
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place peppers cut-side up in a baking dish. Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake peppers 30 minutes until soft, but not falling apart.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add diced onion, bell peppers, mushrooms and garlic. Cook 10 minutes, stirring often, until onions are soft and mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add diced zucchini, yellow squash, cooked wild rice and diced tomatoes. Cook another 10 minutes until all vegetables are tender. Stir in tomato paste, dried tarragon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat. Stir in baby spinach and 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly into peppers. Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. Pour tomato sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- Bake peppers another 15 minutes until warmed through and cheese is melted.