- 1 3/4 cups roasted and salted shelled pistachios, plus more for topping
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 10 ounces 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- Cocoa powder, for topping
- Flaky sea salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 9-inch tart pan with cooking spray. In a food processor, process pistachios 1 minute until very finely ground. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into ground pistachios until just combined. Press mixture into bottom and sides of prepared tart pan. Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes until brown. Cool completely on a cooling rack, about 30 minutes.
- Spread apricot preserves evenly over bottom of cooled crust. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring half-and-half just to a boil, about 7-9 minutes. Pour over chocolate in a medium bowl. Let stand 1 minute, then stir until completely smooth. Pour and spread chocolate mixture evenly over preserves. Chill tart 2 hours until set. Top with cocoa powder, chopped pistachios and flaky sea salt. Store covered in refrigerator up to 3 days.