Deliciously savory French onion tartlets made with flaky, crispy mini fillo shells. These are the perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving or a holiday party!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Mini Fillo Shells®
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped onions and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes until softened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook onions 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add fresh thyme leaves. Cook yet another 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are deep golden brown and very caramelized. Add white wine and continue to cook 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese, egg and parsley until well combined.
- Place fillo shells on rimmed baking sheet. Fill each shell with a scant tablespoon onion mixture. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until shells are lightly golden and filling is lightly browned on top. Serve warm.
- Find the mini fillo shells in the freezer section at your grocery store.
Keywords: mini fillo shell appetizer, finger food, baked party appetizer