- 2 lbs red or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 sweet onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cut potatoes and boil 5 to 10 minutes until just barely fork-tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, peel hard-boiled eggs and use a very sharp knife to slice eggs. Reserve slices with yolks in the center; chop remaining egg whites.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, chopped egg whites, chopped onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 tablespoon vinegar (or 2 tablespoons, if desired), sugar and salt to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish top with sliced eggs. Serve immediately, or chill at least 2 hours before serving.