For the streusel topping:
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
For the bread:
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup peeled and diced fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar, cardamom and cinnamon. Cut in cold butter with a pastry cutter or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Place bowl in fridge while you prepare the bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, brown sugar, oil, vanilla and egg until smooth. In a separate large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture; stir until just combined. Fold in diced peaches.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with sliced peaches and streusel. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Tent loaf with foil halfway through baking if peaches are drying out too much or top is browning too quickly.
- Cool bread 10 minutes in pan, then carefully remove from pan. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Quickbread, Quick Bread, Summer