- 3 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- To blender, add chopped pineapple. Cover and blend on high speed 1 minute until smooth. Strain pineapple puree into measuring cup. Measure out 3/4 cup pineapple juice and add to medium saucepan. Discard remaining juice and puree.
- Add chopped mint, sugar and water to pineapple juice in saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Stir in rum.
- Strain mixture into 8-inch baking dish, removing any excess mint leaves. Cool completely. Cover and freeze at least 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, scrape mixture with fork until fluffy. Serve immediately.