- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup rough-chopped pepitas, for topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 9-by-5-inch loaf pans (or spray with baking spray).
- Place shredded zucchini in a colander. Cover with a layer of paper towels to absorb some of the liquid and set aside while you prepare the batter.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk together sugars, pumpkin, vegetable oil, vanilla and eggs until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir until just combined. Add zucchini and stir until just incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle tops of loaves with pepitas, if desired. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.