These super soft and fluffy Snickerdoodle cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! These classic cookies have a distinct cinnamon sugar flavor with a slight tang. They are rolled in cinnamon sugar then baked to perfection!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cubes of cold butter and sugar. Beat on high for 2 to 3 minutes, until completely creamy.
- Then, add in egg and vanilla. Beat until just combined.
- Sift in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir until a thick dough forms.
- In a small shallow bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the coating.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball through the cinnamon sugar coating, until fully coated.
- Place 2 inches apart on the lined baking pan.
- Bake cookies for 9 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before carefully placing them on a cooling rack.
- Use cold butter right from the fridge. Slice into small cubes to help with the creaming process.
- Cream butter and sugar for at least 2 minutes. Mix on high until no clumps of butter remain.
- For gluten-free, use gluten-free 1 to 1 flour.
- Fully roll balls of dough through the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- These cookies do not spread much while baking.
- The cookies will look soft and doughy after 9 to 10 minutes. They will slightly firm up as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freeze for 1 month.
Keywords: snickerdoodles, snickerdoodle cookies, cinnamon, sugar, cookies, baking, dessert