Light and fluffy, tender and sweet, this sour cream pound cake is the perfect dessert for pretty much any occasion!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Powdered sugar, for topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 325°F (place top rack on bottom third of oven). Generously grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl with an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in half of the flour mixture, then the sour cream, then the remaining half of the flour mixture, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla until just combined.
- Pour and spread batter evenly into prepared Bundt pan. Bake 80 to 90 minutes until top of cake is deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake 20 minutes in pan, then carefully invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Dust top of fully cooled cake with powdered sugar just before serving, if desired.
- Serve slices of sour cream pound cake with whipped topping and fresh berries, if desired.
- How to grease and flour a Bundt pan: First, spray bottom and sides of Bundt pan generously with cooking spray. Using a sifter, tap flour lightly into bottom of pan. Turn pan, tapping side of pan, to move excess flour around so it adheres to sides of pan. Continue to sift, tap flour, turn pan, etc. until the entire inside of the pan is floured. Turn the pan upside-down over a sink and tap a few times to remove any excess flour.
Keywords: sour cream bundt cake, vanilla pound cake