- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup bread and butter pickles, 1/2 cup pickle juice reserved
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 sweet slider rolls (such as King’s Hawaiian brand)
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Use meat pounder, rolling pin or any canned good wrapped in plastic wrap to pound meat to 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thick. Cut breasts into quarters (12 pieces total).
- Pour reserved pickle juice in large bowl or dish. Place flattened chicken pieces in juice. Let sit 15 minutes at room temperature (or up to 2 hours in refrigerator, covered).
- In shallow bowl, whisk flour and salt.
- In large skillet over high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Dredge 1 chicken piece in flour mixture on both sides, then place in skillet. Repeat with remaining chicken, cooking in batches and adding remaining butter as needed. Cook chicken about 5 to 6 minutes per side until golden and crispy (a meat thermometer inserted in center should read 165°F).
- Remove chicken from skillet. Toast rolls in skillet 1 to 2 minutes. To assemble, place 1 chicken piece on bottom bun and top with 1 or 2 pickles. Top with top bun. Repeat to make all sandwiches, and serve.