For quick-pickled vegetables:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced (into matchstick pieces) carrot
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced (into matchstick pieces) daikon radish
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
For sriracha mayo:
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (seeds removed for less heat, if desired)
- 8 sprigs cilantro leaves
- Make the quick-pickled veggies: In small saucepan over medium heat, bring vinegar, sugar and water to boil. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Add diced and sliced veggies to cooled vinegar mixture. Set aside 30 minutes (if longer, transfer to airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use).
- Meanwhile, make mayo: In small bowl, stir mayonnaise, sriracha, lime juice and soy sauce to combine. Optional tip: Add more mayo or sriracha for desired level of spiciness.
- Assemble sandwiches: Spread sriracha mayo on one side of sliced bread. Top with thin layer of cucumbers, then top with pickled vegetables. Top with thin layer of jalapeno pepper, then 2 sprigs cilantro. Drizzle more mayo on top, then repeat layers. Spread more mayo on another slice of bread and place on top, mayo-side down. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches.