- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 bulb fennel, cored and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 English cucumber, halved and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry or golden tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa and allspice; stir 2 minutes until toasted. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water and pinch of salt. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook 15 to 20 minutes until quinoa is tender. Transfer quinoa to large mixing bowl to cool completely.
- Add bell pepper, fennel, cucumber and tomatoes to bowl. Add remaining olive oil, fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Add parsley and mint. Stir again to combine. Season to taste, if desired.
- Serve immediately, or store in airtight container in fridge up to 1 day.