- 1 roll (about 21 sheets) Athens Fillo Dough
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs tomatoes, sliced to 1/4-inch thickness (and/or grape tomatoes, sliced in half)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay 1 sheet of fillo dough on parchment paper. Brush lightly with olive oil. Top with another sheet of fillo dough; brush lightly with oil. Repeat until all fillo dough sheets are stacked.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, basil, chives, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste until well combined. Spread evenly on top of fillo dough, leaving a 1-inch border along edges.
- Top with sliced or halved tomatoes. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Bake 30 minutes until dough is golden brown and flaky.
- Cool tart slightly; top with more chopped basil and chives and salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.