- 1 leek, washed, split and thinly sliced (green and white parts)
- 1 14.5 oz can vegetable broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup uncooked spelt berries
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Combine leek, vegetable broth and apple cider in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then add spelt berries (do not stir).
- Reduce heat to a low simmer; cover and cook 1 hour until spelt is nearly al dente.
- Sprinkle chopped apple over the top; cover and cook another 10 to 15 minutes until spelt is fully cooked.
- Drain; stir in chopped pecans and dried cranberries just before serving.