- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk (about 110 to 115 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup Mann’s Culinary Cuts Sweet Potato Ribbons
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine sweet potato ribbons and 2 tablespoons water. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 5 minutes until ribbons are just cooked through. Measure out 1/2 cup ribbons and add to large bowl or bowl of stand mixer (reserve leftover ribbons for another use). Add 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt, melted butter and egg yolk. Stir until just combined.
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture. Using wooden spoon or dough hook attachment of stand mixer, stir until dough forms. Knead dough by hand on lightly floured surface for 10 minutes, adding just enough of remaining 1/2 cup flour as needed until dough is smooth, soft, elastic and only slightly sticky; OR, in bowl of stand mixer with dough hook, knead dough on medium speed 5 minutes, adding just enough of remaining 1/2 cup flour as needed until dough is smooth, soft, elastic and only slightly sticky. Shape dough into ball; place in large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise 1 hour in warm place until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine broccoli cole slaw and 1 tablespoon water. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 2 minutes until nearly cooked. Drain excess water; combine slaw with 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Brush bottom and sides of 10 to 12-inch cast-iron (or any oven-safe) skillet with olive oil. Punch down risen dough. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll out each piece into 4-inch flat circle. Top each piece with about 2 tablespoons broccoli-cheese mixture. Fold dough up and over mixture, pinching seam to seal. Shape each dough piece into ball. Place dough balls evenly apart and seam side-down in prepared skillet. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup shredded cheese around rolls in skillet. Cover with clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover rolls and bake 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes in pan before serving.