For the crust:
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill hazelnut meal/flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon heavy cream
For the filling:
- 1 1/4 cups pitted sweet cherries (fresh or frozen and thawed), halved
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Granulated or raw sugar, for sprinkling
- Combine all ingredients for crust in a food processor. Process just until a dough ball forms. Pat dough into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Uncover dough and divide into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece between two sheets of plastic wrap dusted with cornstarch into a 4-inch circle. Transfer circles to prepared baking sheet. Return to freezer for 10 minutes.
- Top each dough circle with cherries and chocolate chips, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold up the crust around the filling, leaving the filling exposed in the center. Whisk egg white and heavy cream together in a small bowl; brush mixture over each pie. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes until pie crust is deep golden brown and baked through and filling just begins to bubble. Cool completely on baking sheet before serving.