This quick and easy Oreo ice cream cake is the ultimate dessert! This homemade dessert features layers of crushed Oreos, ice cream, hot fudge and whipped cream. It has a distinct cookies and cream flavor. Perfect for any occasion!
- First, line a 9 inch by 13 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add Oreos to a food processor. Process until crumbly.
- Pour in the melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Press this mixture into an even layer in the parchment lined pan.
- Scoop the ice cream onto the Oreo crust. Use a spatula to smooth into an even layer. Place plastic wrap over the pan. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from freezer. Pour the hot fudge sauce on top. Swirl together. If needed, microwave hot fudge for 15 to 20 seconds to make it easier to pour.
- Cover the pan and freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from freezer. Gently spread whipped topping over the cake into one even layer. Garnish with some chopped Oreos or chocolate chips if desired. Return pan to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Finally, remove from freezer. After a few minutes, cut into squares and serve.
- Use any type of ice cream! Dairy free works well too.
- Use softened ice cream. It is much easier to spread into an even layer.
- Be sure to freeze each layer in between adding the next layer on top.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into the ice cream cake. It is very cold.
- Store in the freezer covered for up to 1 month.