oreo ice cream cake
This Oreo ice cream cake has layers of cookies and cream goodness! This no bake recipe is the ultimate summer treat. It is creamy, gooey, chocolaty, crunchy and incredibly flavorful. The buttery Oreo crust, hot fudge swirl and loads of Oreos will leaving you wanting more. Serve for a summer party, Fourth of July, birthday or any special occasion!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Oreo ice cream cake has delicious layers and flavors.
- It is the ultimate dessert for every day of the year.
- This recipe is no bake. No need to turn on the oven!
- Great for summertime parties, barbecues, kids birthdays and more!
- Feel free to choose your favorite ice cream. Chocolate, vanilla, cookies and cream, and even mint chocolate chip are great options!
- All the flavors of the Baskin Robbins Oreo ice cream cake, but made right at home.
- Kids and adults rave about this recipe!
- If needed, use gluten free Oreos.
- In addition, this recipe can be made Vegan and dairy free. Use Vegan butter, Vegan ice cream and Vegan coconut whipped topping.
- Check out this homemade Grasshopper Pie for another family favorite!
What is Oreo Ice Cream Cake?
This unforgettable ice cream cake features an Oreo cookie crust. The next layer is ice cream.
On top of that sits a swirl of hot fudge and creamy whipped topping.
This cake is no bake. There is no mixing bowl or stand mixer needed!
Unlike traditional cake, serve and store frozen.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here is what you will need to make the best Oreo ice cream cake!
Use a whole package of Oreos. There are 36 Oreos in a standard size package. Feel free to use regular, Double stuffed, mint Oreos, or even golden Oreos! For gluten free, use gluten free Oreos.
Melted butter helps form the Oreo crust. For dairy free, use dairy free butter.
Choose your favorite type of ice cream! Cookies and cream is the obvious choice. Experiment with chocolate, Oreo, mint chocolate chip or even something fun!
Hot fudge sauce adds a gooey chocolate layer. A drizzle of caramel sauce would be fun here too.
Lastly, top with whipped cream and crushed Oreos. This adds some fluff on top!
Taste & Texture
This Oreo ice cream cake has a classic cookies and cream flavor. It tastes exactly how it should. The strongest flavors are Oreo, ice cream, and chocolate.
This sweet treat has a crumbly crunchy crust. The ice cream layer is smooth and creamy. In addition, the hot fudge sauce adds a gooey element. Lastly, the whipped topping is thick and creamy.
How to Make
This Oreo ice cream cake comes together easily. Remember, scroll down to the bottom of this post for the full recipe + ingredient amounts + instructions).
To begin, line a 9 inch by 13 inch pan with parchment paper. Set this aside.
Add Oreos to a food processor. Process until very crumbly.
Pour in the melted butter. Stir to fully combine.
Press this mixture down into an even layer in the parchment lined pan.
Scoop the ice cream on top of the Oreo crust. Use a spatula to smooth it into one even layer. Place plastic wrap over the pan. Freeze for 1 hour.
Remove the pan from the freezer. Pour the hot fudge sauce on top. Swirl together. If needed, microwave hot fudge for 15 to 20 seconds to make it easier to pour.
Cover the pan. Freeze for 1 hour.
Remove the pan from the freezer. Gently spread whipped topping over the cake into one even layer. Garnish with some chopped Oreos or chocolate chips if desired. Return pan to the freezer for 30 minutes.
Finally, remove Oreo ice cream cake from freezer. After a few minutes, cut into squares and serve.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Choose your favorite flavor of ice cream. I strongly recommend cookies and cream, Oreo, chocolate, classic vanilla or mint chocolate chip.
Use softened ice cream. I like to leave mine on the kitchen counter for 30 minutes before making this recipe.
Freeze each layer as you go. This allows each layer to get set before adding another layer.
To cut, carefully use a very sharp knife.
Store in the freezer.
Flavor Variations & Add-Ins
Consider these fun add-ins and flavor variations for your Oreo ice cream cake!
Use another flavor Oreo. Try golden Oreos, mint Oreos, or even red velvet Oreos.
Add in caramel sauce with the hot fudge layer.
Choose a fun flavor of ice cream. Black raspberry sounds amazing!
Top with a drizzle of melted peanut butter on top!
How to Serve & Store
Serve this Oreo ice cream cake once fully frozen. Allow it to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing into.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! Feel free to use your favorite flavor.
Any flavor of ice cream works in this recipe. Be sure to use softened ice cream.
Transport this cake using ice packs and a cooler. Be sure to store it on level ground in the car. Make sure ice cream cake is fully frozen before transporting it.
Allow ice cream to sit in its container at room temperature. This allows it to soften for ice cream cake.
Ice cream cake is typically made with ice cream, whipped cream, hot fudge and a crust.
Use a sharp knife to slice into.
Pre-Cut Parchment Paper Sheets: This pre-cut parchment paper is great for baking cookies or lining cake pans!
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups: These are my favorite measuring cups for baking.
9 Inch by 13 Inch Pan: Use this size pan for this cake recipe.
Food Processor: Easily process the Oreo cookies into a crumb with this food processor.
You May Also Like
If you enjoy this Oreo ice cream cake, please leave a rating and review! You can find more great recipes on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Check out these Cake and Cupcake Recipes for more sweet treats!Print
This quick and easy Oreo ice cream cake is the ultimate dessert! This homemade dessert features layers of crushed Oreos, ice cream, hot fudge and whipped cream. It has a distinct cookies and cream flavor. Perfect for any occasion!
- First, line a 9 inch by 13 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add Oreos to a food processor. Process until crumbly.
- Pour in the melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Press this mixture into an even layer in the parchment lined pan.
- Scoop the ice cream onto the Oreo crust. Use a spatula to smooth into an even layer. Place plastic wrap over the pan. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from freezer. Pour the hot fudge sauce on top. Swirl together. If needed, microwave hot fudge for 15 to 20 seconds to make it easier to pour.
- Cover the pan and freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from freezer. Gently spread whipped topping over the cake into one even layer. Garnish with some chopped Oreos or chocolate chips if desired. Return pan to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Finally, remove from freezer. After a few minutes, cut into squares and serve.
- Use any type of ice cream! Dairy free works well too.
- Use softened ice cream. It is much easier to spread into an even layer.
- Be sure to freeze each layer in between adding the next layer on top.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into the ice cream cake. It is very cold.
- Store in the freezer covered for up to 1 month.
Have you signed up for my newsletter? It features the best desserts, recipes, baking tips and more!