For the pie:
- 1 homemade or store-bought pie crust, prepared
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted (optional)
For the whipped cream:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Press pie crust into bottom and sides of 9-inch pie pan. Flute crust with fingers or press with fork tines.
- In medium bowl, whisk 1 egg until lightly beaten. Add pumpkin, 1/3 cup sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whisk until smooth. Spread mixture evenly in pie crust.
- In separate medium bowl, whisk 2 eggs until lightly beaten. Add corn syrup, 2/3 cup sugar, butter and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Stir in pecan halves. Pour and spread mixture evenly over top of pumpkin mixture in pie crust.
- Bake 1 hour until filling is set and pie crust is golden brown (if browns too quickly, cover crust with foil). Set on cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make whipped cream: In large bowl or bowl of stand mixer, beat all ingredients on high speed until soft peaks form. Spoon whipped cream over pie slices just before serving.
Keywords: Thanksgiving, Turkey Day