This homemade vegan banana bread is ultra soft and fluffy! This is the perfect recipe to make when you run out of eggs or butter. The texture and flavor are perfect and classic. Add this quick bread to your weekend brunch plans or midnight snacking favorites!
To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Add a piece of parchment paper to a loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl, add the mashed bananas, vegan milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
Next, add in the light brown sugar, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
Fold the vegan chocolate chips into the batter.
Transfer the batter to the bread pan. Smooth into one even layer using a spatula.
Top with a few extra chocolate chips before baking.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Lastly, remove the bread from the oven. Fully cool before slicing and serving.
- Use overripe bananas to achieve more natural sweetness.
- Some small chunks of bananas are fine! They add to the moist texture and sweetness.
- Do not overmix the batter. Mix until no spots of flour remain.
- Bake until the edges are slightly golden and the top is a beautiful dome shape.
- Allow this vegan banana bread to fully cool.
- Store at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Adapted from Watch Learn Eat’s Vegan Banana Bread.
Keywords: vegan, vegan banana bread, banana bread, breakfast, brunch, easy, healthy