blueberry white chocolate mug cakes
If I could hand you one of these mug cakes through my computer screen to show you how much I love you, I would do just that.
But since I can’t, I’m going to share the (insanely easy) recipe with you in hopes that you will make it and feel the love. And I’ll probably just go ahead and eat both of these cakes, if you don’t mind — so they don’t go to waste.
What’s the deal with mug cakes, you ask? I’ll tell you. Mug + tiny bit of Bisquick-based cake batter + sweet mix-ins like blueberries and white chocolate = CAKE. It’s really that simple, and just about the fastest way to get cake into your belly. That’s the deal with mug cakes, and that’s why I think you should make them for you and your sweetie (or best friend/sibling/Mom/kiddo/cuddly cat*) this Valentine’s Day. Here are a few other reasons:
1) Now you can spend no time fussing over a giant cake for dessert that will only get partially eaten by the two of you because you already ate a full dinner of sushi and wine (can you tell I’m still missing these things?) and spend more time, well, enjoying that sushi and wine (SO JELLY).
2) Perfectly portioned mug cakes = more room for those truffles in a heart-shaped box that you may or may not have just gone ahead and bought for yourself because you can, and because everyone deserves truffles.
3) Blueberries and white chocolate go together like peanut butter and jelly, or milk and cookies, or cookie butter and a spoon. It’s like a metaphor for your love: A tasty, tasty metaphor.
4) Actually I can’t think of another reason right now because all I can think about is eating one of these mug cakes.
Of course, if blueberries and white chocolate just isn’t your cup o’ tea, you can swap them out for dark chocolate and raspberries. Or butterscotch chips and pecans. Ooh oooh, or just a bunch of chocolate and peanut butter chips (and I’m kind of curious as to what would happen if you just stick one of those truffles right into the batter, too). Let your stomach — I mean, LOVE — be your guide.
*Just kidding don’t make these for your cat, because that is not cat-safe. Pro tip: Give him a big hug and an extra cat treat instead.
- 1/3 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Fresh whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Bisquick, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla and egg until just a few small lumps remain. Divide batter evenly among 2 mugs.
- Divide blueberries and white chocolate chips evenly between mugs (do not stir).
- Microwave 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until cakes are done and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly; top with whipped cream and more blueberries just before serving, if desired.
Disclosure: I received compensation from Bisquick for recipe development purposes. All opinions are my own.
P.S. Can you do me a solid and take this quick poll for me? You’re the best.