cookies + creme dessert pizza
Please tell me I’m not the only one who grew up going to those Pizza Hut buffets and would always get the dessert pizza.
Let me take you on a walk down memory lane — er, buffet table. There was this huge, long table (or at least it felt that way for wee Stephanie) with a bazillion pizzas on it, and at the end was a dessert pizza. It had a cookie crust, and it was topped with some congealed fruit topping, a microwave sugar glaze and some streusel. In hindsight, it was probably the most disgusting thing ever, but at the time it was allIwantedever because it was dessert. Some things haven’t changed.
I have fond memories of those dessert pizza-eating days, and yet since the buffet location shut near my hometown it’s been a few and far day that I’ve indulged in a sweet cookie pizza. So when Hershey’s and Betty Crocker teamed up to create a new line of frostings and mixes and asked a few bloggers to create new recipes with them, I didn’t skip a beat before deciding that a dessert pizza was in order — and not one with congealed fruit topping on it, thankyouverymuch.
So let’s just cut to the chase and break down this cookie/pizza situation, shall we? For maximum cookie-ness and creme-ness, the base is a Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme cookie mix baked like a pizza. Then, we top it with some whipped cream and cream cheese frosting, chocolate chips and crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, and top all that with a white chocolate drizzle. Whew. This dessert pizza doesn’t mess around.
My pro suggestions for this pizza are as follows: Make it soon, make it for your friends and family, wait two seconds until everyone raves over dessert pizza, watch as it disappears. Repeat.
P.S. Check out the full line of Hershey’s® products here.Print
- 1 box Hershey’s® Cookies ‘n’ Creme cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, plus more for melting and drizzling
- 1 cup crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for a dark or non-stick pan). Spray a 12 or 13-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cookie mix, softened butter and water in a large bowl; stir until a dough forms. Press dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared pizza pan.
- Bake until lightly brown on edges and set in the center, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool completely on pizza pan, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Stir in cream cheese frosting.
- Spread mixture evenly on top of cooled cookie pizza. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and crushed cookie pieces. Melt a handful of white chocolate chips and drizzle over cookie pizza.
Disclosure: I received compensation from Betty Crocker for recipe development purposes. All opinions are my own.