truffle stuffed chocolate chip cookie cups
Better late than never, right? These truffle stuffed chocolate chip cookie cups come to you just days before Christmas, but! Lucky for you, they take little effort/time to make. So you can keep up your holiday spirits, pour yourself a cup of hot cocoa, make these cookie cups in your Christmas PJs while watching “Christmas Vacation” — you get the idea. If you need a last-minute party treat, holiday dessert or cookie exchange recipe, these sweet cups are here for you.
As it goes with Thanksgiving in my family, we don’t veer too far from the same dishes for Christmas dinner. We always have German rouladen, Mom’s baked bean casserole, Brussels sprouts and some form of a potato (mashed or cheesy and in casserole form, as well. We love our casseroles). As for dessert, however, anything goes for Christmas. We’ve had pies, cakes, cheesecakes and cookies upon cookies upon cookies. This year, these cookie cups will be my contribution. I don’t think anyone will object.
Bonus! They’re made with Immaculate Baking Co.’s gluten free chocolate chunk cookie dough, so more of your guests can enjoy them for a sweet treat (and you don’t have to go through the hassle of making from-scratch GF cookie dough). All you have to do is bake the dough in mini muffin cups, fill the cups with melted chocolate and halved chocolate truffles, drizzle more chocolate on top along with a dash of festive sprinkles, and dessert is served. If you leave these out for him, Santa just may come to your house twice. Food for thought.
On that note, I wish you and yours a very merry and blessed Christmas. I hope you’re spending it all warm and cozy and with those you love. I think you’ll know what I’ll be up to between opening presents this weekend (hint: it has very much to do with devouring these cookie cups).Print
Truffle Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 17 mins
- Total Time: 37 mins
- Yield: 24 cookie cups 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package (14 oz) Immaculate Baking Co. gluten free chocolate chunk cookie dough
- 12 white and/or milk chocolate truffles
- 1 cup white and/or semisweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles, for topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Cut each cookie dough round in half; place one half in each muffin cup. Bake 17 to 19 minutes until cookies are golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven and immediately use bottom of wooden spoon to create indentation in center of each cookie cup. Cool cups completely in muffin pan on cooling rack.
- Run butter knife gently along edges of cooled cookie cups to remove from muffin pan. Using small, sharp serrated knife, gently cut truffles in half. Set aside.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips on High 1 minute. Stir, then heat on High in 30-second intervals, stirring after each until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour chocolate into small resealable plastic bag. Cut off one tip of bag.
- Pipe 1 teaspoon melted chocolate into centers of cookie cups. Top each with one truffle half, cut side-down. Pipe more melted chocolate over cookie cups (you may not use all the melted chocolate). Decorate with sprinkles. Let chocolate set completely before serving.
Disclosure: I received compensation from Immaculate Baking Co. for recipe development purposes. All opinions are my own.
ok…these are crazy genius. How have I never thought about putting truffles in cookie cups like this??? THEY LOOK SO GOOD!
Uh…. you wanted to know about bringing dessert? Ding, ding, ding!, winner!
What a brilliant idea to add truffles to cookie cups!
I love how simple and easy these are to put together! Perfect for Christmas festivities 🙂
Oh.my.word. !! Obsessed.
Whoa girl. These are amazingly delish! Genius idea! <3
Putting truffles in a cookie cup is seriously a genius idea! I love it!
these look great, even after Christmas, and love the product methods here, very creative! Thank you for this!
Thank you! I have been trying to think of some new healthy snack ideas and these are just perfect! I have to try them!