YOU GUYS. I don’t mean to shout, really, except that I do. Because CHEESECAKE DAY.
A billion and a half bloggers (or, more like nearly 80) and I are teaming up today to share what I consider one of the best desserts to exist, and that is cheesecake. There were no rules, no perks (well, except getting to eat cheesecake), no incentives — just that we all love cheesecake and we want to share it with the world.
So here I am, world, with a lemon ginger panna cotta cheesecake with blueberry sauce and a gingersnap crust. Mama.
True story — I’ve actually never had panna cotta. But I have had panna cotta gelato and now, this panna cotta cheesecake, and I can safely say from having eaten both of those things that I really, really, ridiculously love panna cotta. It’s mild in flavor, oh so creamy and it pairs beautifully with flavors like lemon, ginger and blueberry. It makes this cheesecake taste extra decadent but without adding, like, a million extra cups of heavy cream slash calories and fat. This fact makes it my new favorite cheesecake.
This recipe is nearly no-bake, too — you only need to bake the crust for about 10 minutes in the oven, otherwise the rest is done on the stovetop or in the fridge while you
wait eagerly and wide-eyed in front of the fridge for the cheesecake to be done relax and read a book outside or take a walk around the lake or go down a slip ‘n’ slide (ummm, real life, I really miss slip ‘n’ slides). Basically it gives you a lot of time to enjoy the summer, and then when you’re all done, cheesecake. It’ll be the best day ever.
I really loved this cheesecake with blueberry sauce spooned on top (with a few extra spoonfuls into my mouth, yessss), but you can totally swap the blueberries for raspberries, or strawberries, or cherries, or blackberries, or — well, you get my point. All the berries can be friends with this cheesecake. And my mouth. My mouth is definitely friends with this cheesecake.
And before I get any more awkward, I’ll leave you to the recipe. Happy Cheesecake Day, everyone!
- 1 pint (about 2 cups) fresh blueberries
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup Ginger Snap crumbs (from about 20 cookies)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (from about 6 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 oz) package Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups light sour cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- To make the blueberry sauce: In a small saucepan, bring blueberries, water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes until blueberries have cooked down and mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat; stir in lemon zest. Transfer sauce to a bowl or container and chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- To make the cheesecake crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together Ginger Snap crumbs, graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Add butter and stir until well combined. Using your fingers or the bottom of a glass, press mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Meanwhile, make the cheesecake filling: Pour ½ cup of the heavy cream into a small saucepan on a stovetop; sprinkle with the gelatin. Let sit 2 minutes.
- Turn on heat to low; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add remaining heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved and cream is heated through.
- Meanwhile, add cream cheese, sour cream and lemon zest and juice to a blender. Blend 1 minute until well combined. Pour in hot heavy cream mixture. Blend another 4 to 5 minutes until filling is well combined and thickened.
- Pour and spread filling evenly onto cooled crust. Chill in refrigerator uncovered for 1 hour, then cover with plastic wrap or foil and chill another 4 hours (or overnight) to set.
- Serve chilled cheesecake with blueberry sauce spooned on top.
And because I’m not one to keep deliciousness all to myself, here are the other cheesecake recipes my bloggy friends created for you today. This list? AMAZING.
Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
Neapolitan No-Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes