caramel coconut chocolate chip cookies with sea salt
I know. I KNOW. I tell you about healthier ambitions and breakfasts of the eggs benedict variety and then I tease you just days later with cookies.
BUT COOKIES, you guys: these, specifically, what with their caramel-y, chocolate-y, toasted coconut-y and sea salty yumminess. I just can’t not share them (though when I baked them, I considered hoarding them all to myself in my sock drawer. Just sayin’).
I don’t know about you, but to me, the very best-ever cookie is chewy on the inside, slightly crisp on the outside and loaded with flavor. I like ’em frosted and dusted and sprinkled and all that jazz, but my favorite favorite? Chocolate chip, always. The classic just gets me and my sweet tooth every dern time. And while these cookies are a more fanciful version of the classic, at their core they taste just like the original. It’s science. So prep your apron and your sweet tooth and scroll down for the recipe.
Happy almost weekend, friends!
You May Also Enjoy
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fudgy Oreo Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Brownies
Caramel coconut chocolate chip cookies with sea salt are ooey-gooey, soft and chewy and outrageously delicious.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- In a bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment or a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, caramel bits and toasted coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate dough overnight or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough into 1/4-cup mounds and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Place a few extra chocolate chips on top of each mound. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown on the edges and just lightly golden in the center. Let cookies cool 2 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer with a spatula to cooling racks.
Keywords: caramel chocolate chip cookie dough, salted chocolate chip cookies, coconut chocolate chip cookies