creamy parmesan garlic gnocchi
NOTE: Many people haven’t been able to find Progresso Recipe Starters to use in the recipe. See this post for an UPDATED version of this recipe with a homemade sauce!
It’s a small travesty that I hadn’t caught onto the one-pan/one-pot phenomenon sooner. But now that I have, it’s pretty obvious I’m in love with it. But how can you not be, when it’s a) less clean-up #WIN, b) quick and easy #DOUBLEWIN and c) made with a small number of ingredients #SOMUCHWINIT’SRIDICULOUS?
And that is the last time I will speak in hashtag. #Promise.
This one-pan creamy Parmesan garlic gnocchi is one such meal that isn’t leaving our regular dinner menu rotation any time soon — not only because it covers all of the aforementioned perks of the one-pan/one-pot meal, but also because it’s so incredibly delicious. (I want to add something here in hashtag SO BAD right now but I will spare you).
Have you had a chance to try out Progresso‘s Recipe Starter pouches yet? If not, get thee to the grocery store and pick some up! They come in a variety of flavors, each of them a major boon to your favorite classic recipes or new ones, too. This recipe uses the creamy roasted garlic starter and it just makes the dish. And apart from that sauce, this meal is made with white beans, kale, Parmesan cheese and gnocchi. AND THAT’S IT. Gotta love when that happens.
I will say that if you want to add chopped rotisserie chicken or ham or cooked shrimp (or bacon?? yesssssss) to the dish, I am in full support, as we have done that from time to time when making it. But we’ve also made it sans meat and it’s just as filling, satisfying and yummy that way. Just let your heart — er, belly — decide.
Extra sprinkles of Parmesan cheese are also encouraged. I don’t even feel like I need to explain why.
With the amount of times we’ve made this dish, I think I’ve made up for lost time on the whole one-pan/one-pot thing. But I’ll be making this again tonight just to be sure.
Check out the recipe plus more yummy ideas from Progresso here!
- 1 pouch (9 oz) Progresso Recipe Starters creamy roasted garlic cooking sauce
- 1 lb uncooked gnocchi
- 1 can (15.5 oz) Northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet or saucepan, bring cooking sauce, 2 cups water, 1 tablespoon butter and salt and pepper to taste to a boil.
- Add gnocchi; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi is cooked through.
- Add white beans and kale; stir, uncovered, until kale is just wilted.
- Remove from heat; stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Disclosure: I received compensation from Progresso for recipe development purposes. All opinions are my own.