cookie butter banana bread
This cookie butter banana bread has been a long time coming, but was worth the wait. A warning: be prepared to go full-on Cookie Monster on this bread once you get a waft of it.
What is this? Two banana-based recipes in a row?? Surely a food blogger wouldn’t allow this redundancy! Except that one involves pie and the other (hint: this one) involves cookie butter so I think we can all agree: Mmmk, yeah, two banana recipes in a row is totally fine!
This recipe has been a thought bubble in my head for a really long period of time.
If you’ve never tried cookie butter before, we can’t be friends. We can totally be friends — but I will introduce you to cookie butter. It tastes just like those Biscoff cookies of magical, miraculous, heavenly deliciousness you get on airplanes but it’s spreadable and spoonable and quite honestly one of the best things about life as we know it. If that’s not enough of a ringing endorsement for you to get thee to the grocery store and pick up a jar or 5,000, I don’t know what is. Except that it tastes even better in banana bread.
As any good banana bread should be, this loaf is dense, soft and full of flavor. The banana and cookie butter flavors both come through in every sweet, yummy bite and, like a fine wine or cheese, it tastes better with age. So I suggest baking a few loaves — one for the freezer, one for the kitchen counter and one for your immediate gobbling needs. And there will be immediate gobbling needs. You will also love this Homemade Vegan Banana Bread!
Cookie Butter Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Yield: 1 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf* 1x
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe medium bananas
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy cookie butter (sometimes called Biscoff Spread, or Speculoos Cookie Butter at Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F if using a dark or nonstick pan). Grease and flour the bottom and sides of an 8 ½-by-4 ½-inch OR 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, stir together flour, baking soda and salt until combined. In a separate large bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Add sugars, cookie butter, milk, oil, vanilla and eggs. Whisk until combined and mostly smooth.
- Pour banana mixture into flour mixture; stir until just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Tent with foil during baking if the top of the loaf is browning too quickly.
- Cool bread 10 minutes in pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
- *NOTE: I used an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan but it baked a little bit over the pan and left a weird lip, so I’d suggest going with the 8 ½-by-4 ½-inch or 9-by-5-inch loaf pan size for better results… though the 8-by-4-inch loaf is just as tasty.
Cookie butter is addictive. Making this bread so so dangerous.
Banana bread twinsies today — although I think I want to trade my peanut butter for COOKIE butter
OMG. I could not be trusted alone with this. So good!
This bread is incredible. It has such a beautiful lift and golden color. And the ingredients are insane! Love!
This is brilliant! I love cookie butter with bananas.
As if I needed another reason to obsess over cookie butter!! This bread looks delicious!
This looks amazing. I love that it’s so crusty on top and moist inside. And I have a jar of cookie butter in my cupboard just asking to be used to make this!
Banana bread recipe rule, but this version?? Too go to be true!! Love this!
The words cookie and butter are the only way to survive a Monday. Looks amazing!
I STILL have not tried cookie butter, if you can believe it! I’m a ginorm fan of naner bread, and am totes cool with adding some cookie butter. Want to eat this for all the meals!
YES! This is my new favorite banana bread. I just know it.
I can already tell this is going to a staple recipe in my house! Yum!!
This bread looks absolutely amazing and something I’d LOVE with my cup of coffee in the morning!!
could I use peanut butter in place of the cookie butter?
Cookie butter is seriously so addictive – I can’t buy it often because I just eat way too many spoonfuls! haha This banana bread looks fantastic … although now you have me wanting to buy a jar of cookie butter… no good! lol