peaches and cream overnight oats
Everything’s coming up peaches! And I like it. I like it a lot. Earlier in my youth I was actually allergic to peaches. I KNOW.
It was a sad state of affairs. But somewhere between then and now — poof! — my allergy went away and now I can eat all the peaches. And believe me, I do. And I especially love to eat them in Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats form. (Spoiler alert: I think you will, too.)
In the spirit of full disclosure, I haven’t always been the biggest fan of overnight oats. In fact, there are still some versions I’ve tried that still don’t get me excited for breakfast like this one does — mostly because those versions are overly thick, pasty, flavorless, etc.
But peaches and cream overnight oats is the opposite of those versions. It’s made with fresh peaches (in this very case, with Colorado peaches, which are OMGAMAZING), half and half and milk, Greek yogurt and old-fashioned oats, honey and vanilla. Layer the ingredients, let them chill together in the fridge overnight and in the morning, a tasty breakfast is already ready! It’s pretty great.
I’ve been playing around with the ratios of ingredients and while sometimes I love more cream and less milk (duh), other times I like to keep it light and easy on the cream. Sometimes I double up the peaches or add an extra handful of blueberries. I’ve called for plain Greek yogurt in the recipe because it really helps bring out the flavor of the cream, but vanilla Greek yogurt works well, too. And I always, always suggest adding an extra splash o’ cream and a drizzle of honey just before serving. Just do it.
With these overnight oats, a delicious, wholesome breakfast is ready for you before you even wake up in the morning. Now if only the coffee could make itself, too.Print
- 1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 6 tablespoons milk*
- 2 tablespoons half and half*
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In small resealable or lidded jar, stir oats with milk and half and half (*you can adjust the ratio of milk to half and half if desired if you want it more or less creamy). Top with yogurt, peaches, vanilla and honey. Seal jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 48 hours.
- In the morning, stir, add more half and half or honey to taste, and enjoy!