If you are looking for a decadent treat, this strawberry brownies recipe is just what you need! This fudgy and gooey dessert combines the flavors of a traditional brownie with the fresh and fruity flavor of strawberries. Made with cake mix, these pink brownies are quick and easy to whip up. Top it with fresh strawberries and frosting for the ultimate dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy – No need to make them from scratch, these homemade strawberry brownies with cake mix use only a few ingredients and need minimal preparation making it the perfect choice for home bakers.
- Affordable – This recipe has a basic ingredient list and uses mostly pantry staples that you probably have or can use with a variety of other recipes.
- Unique flavor – These pink brownies offer a refreshing twist to traditional chocolate brownies.
- Summer favorite – These fruity brownies make a perfect summertime dessert. Enjoy the flavor of fresh, ripe strawberries during their peak season!
- Adds a pop of color – These beautiful pink brownies add an extra visual appeal to your dessert table, making them an attractive choice for gatherings.
- Perfect gift – If you are looking for the perfect homemade gift, look no further. These strawberry brownies are perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, baby showers, and other special occasions.
- Easy to customize – This recipe is super easy to change up. You can add chocolate chips and nuts to the recipe, and toppings such as pink sprinkles, fresh strawberries, and so much more.
- Make in a pinch – Because this dessert is so easy to make, you can easily make it any time of the week be it for surprise visitors, a last-minute gift, or midnight cravings.
- Check out these Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes for another summer dessert!
Ingredients & Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for strawberry brownies. Scroll down to the recipe card for full ingredients list and instructions.
Strawberry cake mix – This is the base for the recipe and also serves as the leavening agent and strawberry flavoring.
Butter – Use unsalted butter in this recipe. Salted butter will also work.
Eggs – This acts as a leavening agent or binder to help these homemade strawberry brownies have structure.
Vanilla extract – This helps to enhance the flavor of this recipe. Use strawberry extract if you want to boost the strawberry flavor a bit more.
Fresh strawberries – Add fresh strawberries as a garnish to elevate this treat to a fancy dessert.
Whipped cream – Finish off by adding whipped cream as a topping for an extra creamy bite. Alternatively, you can use strawberry frosting or chocolate frosting. This is totally optional.
What Are Strawberry Brownies?
Strawberry Brownies are a delicious dessert that levels up from the traditional brownies by adding strawberries for a light and sweet flavor.
The recipe uses simple ingredients like butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and strawberry cake mix.
The result is a moist, chewy, and fruity treat with a beautiful pink hue and a delightful strawberry taste.
Taste & Texture
These strawberry brownies with cake mix are rich, moist, and dense just like how a brownie should be.
They are chewy on the outside and fudgy and gooey in the center.
The strawberry flavor is light, sweet, and chocolatey – perfect for all strawberry lovers!
How to Make
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9 by 9-inch baking pan.
Combine the strawberry cake mix, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined and smooth.
Pour the brownie batter into the greased baking pan. Spread it out evenly.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Remove the pan from the oven. Allow them cool in the pan on a wire rack.
Once fully cooled, cut the strawberry brownies into squares and serve. Garnish with fresh strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
Expert Tips & Tricks
These brownies with cake mix tend to have a very thick batter and can be difficult to mix with only a spatula.
Use an electric stand mixer or hand mixer.
Overmixing will change the texture of the brownies from thick and fudgy to light and cakey.
Mix until all the powder has blended into the batter.
Room-temperature eggs will incorporate more smoothly into your batter and will help your pink brownies rise better.
It might be tempting to eat these homemade strawberry brownies straight from the oven, but let them cool completely before cutting and serving them.
The cooling process helps your brownies to set and get the right consistency without making a mess.
Flavor Variations & Add-Ins
These brownies with cake mix are very versatile and easy to customize to your liking. Add any of these flavor variations to your recipe and you are sure to enjoy every bite!
- Chocolate Chips – Use either white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips.
- Choice of nuts – Anything from walnuts, almonds, and cashews.
- Fresh strawberries
- Cream cheese frosting
- Strawberry jam
- Powdered sugar – Add a dusting on top!
- Top with vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream!
How to Serve & Store
These homemade strawberry brownies are best served with fresh strawberries and whipped cream on top. Feel free to add a dusting of powdered sugar or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Or, warm them up and then top them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a fudgy melt-in-your-mouth experience!
Store these brownies in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for three days at room temperature, up to a week in the refrigerator, and up to three months in the freezer.
It is best to freeze this dessert without any toppings, especially frosting or whipped cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this recipe uses a strawberry cake mix. It is the most important ingredient.
Yes. Place these homemade strawberry brownies in a freezer bag. Store them in the freezer for up to three months.
Absolutely! These strawberry brownies pair well with frosting. There are so many frosting flavors that go well with this recipe. Add buttercream, vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, or even cream cheese frosting!
Yes! Chunks of fresh strawberries will give your brownies more depth and flavor. This may give the brownies more of a gooey feel.
Hand Mixer: This hand mixer is great for mixing brownie batter.
KitchenAid Stand Mixer: This heavy-duty mixer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances.
Pre-Cut Parchment Paper Sheets: Great for lining brownie pans and cookie sheets.
Pyrex 3 Glass Mixing Bowls: These mixing bowls are durable and easy to clean.
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups: Use these measuring cups for measuring out ingredients.
Spatula: Carefully remove sliced brownies from the pan.
You May Also Enjoy
- Strawberry Custard Tart
- Oreo Brownies
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Black Forest Cherry Brownies
- Strawberry Galette
If you enjoy this strawberry brownie recipe, please leave a rating and review! You can find more great recipes on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Check out these Cake and Cupcake Recipes for more sweet treats!Print
These strawberry brownies are bright, fresh, flavorful and so fun! The strawberry cake mix makes this dessert super quick and easy. These homemade pink brownies are unexpectedly delicious!
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×9-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the strawberry cake mix, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined and you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the brownie batter into the greased baking pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. The edges of the brownies should be set.
- Remove the strawberry brownies from the oven and let them cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, cut the brownies into squares and serve. They are delicious on their own or can be enjoyed with a dusting of powdered sugar or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Use strawberry cake mix.
- Be sure to grease the brownie pan or use parchment paper.
- Do not bake too long.
- To check doneness, insert a toothpick into brownies. If it comes out with only a few moist crumbs, then brownies are done.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
Keywords: strawberry brownies, brownies, strawberry, fruit, dessert, baking, cake mix
Enjoy these strawberry brownies! Have you signed up for my newsletter? It features the best desserts, recipes, baking tips, and more!